Westminster Soccer Return to Play & Game Day Protocols Spring 2021
All Players, Families and Supporters are asked to be extra diligent to support our youth players and understand the information below is very fluid and may change quickly.
From Tri-County Health:
- Tri-County Health has amended its previous mandate regarding the use of masks in an outdoor setting. Players are no longer required to wear masks while participating in games or practices. Please see the FAQ for more information.
Westminster Soccer follows guidelines set forth by our city and county, and we work with our governing body, Colorado Soccer Association, to operate and run our business. We will continue to do our very best to operate a safe program under the ever-changing current public health orders and thus comply with these current health orders.
General Expectations for Practice and Game Days
- No one can be at our rented facilities if NOT FEELING WELL, has a fever, or is under quarantine.
Player and Coach Responsibilities for Practice and Game Days
- Any player who is not feeling well is not allowed to participate in any team activity. Additionally, any player who has been in contact with someone, including family members, who has tested positive for COVID-19, cannot attend training or games.
- Coaches are encouraged to wear masks when addressing teams and players
- Coaches must be aware of away game protocols and inform their families accordingly.
- Avoid “high fives”, handshakes and minimize touching.
- Maintain a minimum of six feet social distancing when possible and do not share water or food.
- Wash hands with soap and water before and after team activities and use hand sanitizer as often as possible during all soccer activities.
- Warmups may start 30 minutes prior to scheduled games, players are asked to show up to practices 5 minutes before their start time. If you arrive early, please wait in your car.
Parent/Spectator Responsibilities for Practice and Game Days
- TWO spectators per player.
- Please try to stay in family groups and maintain six feet of space from other family units.
- Please stay off all short grass (mowed surfaces) at Big Dry Creek and Westfield Village Park, spectators are allowed however must be around the outside of all rented competitive facilities.
- Please do not touch soccer balls that roll out of bounds with your hands, even to help players.
- Game Departure – ALL players, coaches and spectators are kindly asked to exit field within 10 minutes of the end of the game.
Westminster Soccer hopes that restrictions gradually lift through spring into summer and will communicate those changes accordingly. We would like to thank you in advance for your understanding, cooperation, and support as we manage these challenging times.