The philosophy throughout the recreational program is to maximize participation by offering each player a minimum of 50% field time.
Players can play “up” to the next assigned age group to be with friends or for developmental reasons. However, in the interest of health and safety, no player is permitted to play “down” in age group or play “up” 2 years or more.
The only program area where we host coed soccer is the youngest option at U4.
Our recreational programs rely on volunteer parent coaches. Training and support is provided to these people to help create the most positive experience possible.
All volunteer coaches involved are required to pass a state approved background check.
All players must be registered through our system before being able to play for liability reasons.
In-house (U4-U10) Soccer Program Description: (Click Here for specific age group information)
- u4 & u5 players receive a reversible jersey as part of registration fees.
- u6 – u10 players are required to purchase club uniforms in addition to their registration.
- We require players to wear shin guards, knee length socks and soccer shorts to each activity. Cleats are not required until U6 but are recommended.
- Teams play against other Westminster Soccer Recreational teams in our local community parks.
- Games are scheduled for Saturday but rescheduled games due to inclement weather may mean Sunday play.
- Coaches are encouraged to work together on the field to make sure that the experience concerned for every player is paramount.
- Throw ins may boptioe given a “re-try” as the players learn proper technique.
- More importantly, coaches are instructed to balance a game that may be lopsided in scoreline by adding additional players to the team behind in order to create the right environment for all.
Travel (U9-U19) Soccer Program Description: (Click Here for specific age group information)
- Players are required to purchase club uniforms in addition to their registration.
- We require players to wear cleats, shin guards, knee length socks and soccer shorts to each activity.
- Teams play against other club teams in and around our community.
- Games are scheduled for Saturday but rescheduled games due to inclement weather may mean Sunday or midweek play.
- Teams are flighted in state leagues.
- Referees manage the game. Please be aware that these people are usually the youngest referees learning their trade so we politely request your support and empathy. Our club has a Referee Mentor Program to assist in the development of these referees.