BEFORE I REGISTER:
How do I register to play? Can we do it over the telephone?
- You can register for the spring season by going to our website https://westminstersoccer.net/registration-2/
- You can also register over the phone by calling our recreational phone line. That number is 303-862-6024.
Can I make a special request for a team or player?
- Yes you definitely can. On the fourth page of the registration, there will be a section in which you can write a name of a player, team, and/or coach. When compiling the rosters, we will do our best to accommodate your request.
What gear/equipment is required for my child to play rec soccer?
- The only required pieces of equipment are shinguards and a soccer ball. Cleats are recommended but not required.
- Soccer Ball: Players U4 (2018)-U8 (2014) will use a size 3 soccer ball. Players U9 (2013)-U12 (2010) will use a size 4 ball. U13 (2009) and older will use a size 5 ball.
Are uniforms included when I register?
- Uniforms are not included in the registration fee. To order the uniform, please go to our website: https://westminstersoccer.net/uniforms-recreational/
I would like to coach what do I need to do?
- If you would like to coach, please contact our Recreational Program Director Greg Borchers at email@example.com
How are age groups determined?
- Per the guidance of US Soccer, we organize our age groups by the player’s birth year.
Can I play up/down an age group?
- We can have players play up a year, but not down a year.
Team Formation Process:
How are teams formed?
- Teams are formed by request. Returning players from the prior season wanting to return to the same team will be given precedent to return to the same roster. We will do our best to accommodate all requests for players.
When will I be notified about team placement?
- We hope to have all players contacted by the week of March 7th. You will either be contacted by your volunteer coach or our club.
Practices and Games
How many practices per week? What times are practice? Can I request certain nights for practice?
- U6(2016)-U10(2012) In-House teams will practice once a week. U9(2013)-U14(2008) travel teams will practice two times per week. Practices for U4(2018)-U5(2017) will be held before the game on Saturday.
- Practices are held during the week for U6-U14 teams at local parks in Westminster.
- Practice days and times will be determined by the volunteer coach and their personal schedule. If you want to request a certain night for practice, you can do so in the additional notes section of the registration and we will do our best to accommodate.
When are games played?
- Games are primarily played on Saturdays though there may be Sunday dates throughout the season. To view the schedule, please click on the link below. https://westminstersoccer.net/rec-schedules/
Where are games played?
- Games for U4-U10 In-House teams will be held at Westminster City Park (105th and Sheridan behind the Westminster Rec Center).
- Home games for travel teams will be at Westfield Village Park (112th and Wolff just east of Sheridan). Away games will be played in Arvada, Wheat Ridge, Golden, or Boulder. The schedule will consist of 4 home games and 4 away games.
Where can I find out about weather cancellations?
- Spring soccer always brings the risk of snow and cancellations. If fields are closed, you can see that information on our website https://westminstersoccer.net
- If games are cancelled, we will inform our coaches and they will relay the message to you.
- Reschedules for the U4-U10 In-House teams will tentatively be set for Sunday of the following week. Reschedules for U9-U14 travel teams will be team specific due to the coordination between clubs.
Are there additional opportunities for my player to practice? (i.e. camps, staff sessions, etc.)
- Yes we hold multiple camps throughout the year. We will also have staff run sessions for different age groups. If players U9 and older would like to explore options with academy and competitive teams, please reach out to Nick Tallman firstname.lastname@example.org